View Single Post
Old 10-21-2018, 06:01 PM   #8
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKh View Post
So, I think there is an issue with using two different forms of the hex codes. In your example, beautiful as it is, it is a solid string of hex codes. without being followed by anoter hex code, how does the software know that some of the hex are 3 digit and some are 4?

Is there some way to wrap the codes so it is clear where they start and stop?

Again, sorry if I am using wrong terminology.
Quote:
1\Replace=K\x1e5b\x1e63\x1e47\x61
The \x starts the hex code string. A non-hex character ends it. In the sample used, since a is a valid hex character, it had to be replaced by it's equivalent hex representation or the the last character would have been seen as \x1e47a and likely treated as an invalid character. Leading zeros are not normally typed so \x61 instead of \x0061. The copyright sign (©) as \xa9 instead \x00a9 or a capital A macron (Ā) as \x100 instead of \x0100.

Hmmm... time to quit since my eyes are glazing over.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote