View Single Post
Old 10-17-2018, 07:09 AM   #24
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookpossum View Post
I agree that the trips are really a nonsense, but I was prepared to suspend disbelief and go along with the story. I don’t demand technical explanations for how something can happen as long as the author makes it work for me.
Generally, I prefer quick and dirty explanations to a long, drawn out one when it's all a nonsense anyway. In other words, I agree.

As an aside, I read (listened to) The Girl with All the Gifts a couple of months ago because of recommendations here and one of my issues was the way it went on and on about the "science" of it. It was all made up anyway and I didn't care, but my eyes glazed over every time (or maybe it was my goggles fogging up at that).

My own assumption was along the lines of worlds existing simultaneously and the drug altering perception (although not the reality). I know that's not what du Maurier said and I know it's got just as many holes, but it worked for me.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote