View Single Post
Old 10-15-2018, 09:19 AM   #32
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
I do understand the frustration of viewing (or in your case dealing with) the great unwashed masses of text. I suspect the fear is that any suggestion of leniency with regard to editing will be taken as: "Uh-ah! I told you I didn't need an editor." There's not a lot you can do about that.

I haven't sussed out U.S.A., but in Australia there are editor associations where you can find lists of actually qualified editors - though whether they are qualified or available for your sort of writing is left for the writer to research. An editor is someone you have to be comfortable working with, so you want to shop around. I suggest having a stock of short stories to let you try out different editors until you find one you like.
We have the EFA--the Editorial Freelancer's Association. The part of the equation that isn't part of that is, of course, that the authors are trying to get someone affordable--and that's a horse of a different color. The EFA folks charge what they ought to be getting, versus some of the near-ridiculously low rates you see on Fiverr, etc.

But...that's a different discussion, somewhat.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote