View Single Post
Old 06-22-2018, 11:54 AM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
I recently updated my Boyue Likebook Plus (T80s) and the application menu disappeared (three dots). Fortunately when you start up CC the Statistics Collection question pops up and I was able to get to settings through that screen. I scoured the settings to see if there was an option to pin it to the top bar, maybe a gear icon, but no such luck. For some reason it didn't disappear from Moon + Reader Pro.

Not a request for a new option, just wanted to say thanks for having that settings button on the Statistics Collection it saved my install.
A few people have reported this behavior, always on e-ink devices. At the time I did some debugging, and the problem is that the device is telling CC that it has a hardware "Menu" button, meaning that the 3-dot menu (the overflow menu) was not to be put on the action bar. The other users said that there was a button that *sometimes* acted like a menu button, but not always. I never found a way to override that behavior.

I just did a bit more research and by accident found a hack that tells Android to add the overflow even if a button exists. I could build a test version of CC with that hack to see if it fixes your problem. If you are willing to give it a try, send me email at cc_debug_logs at haleys dot org and I will reply with the APK. The test version will (try to) add the menu to the main display (book list/grid). If that works they I will add it to all the other displays.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote