View Single Post
Old 05-28-2018, 04:59 PM   #187
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
The other thing I would point out is that prior to the existence of Amazon, there was a standard admonition on pretty much every single thing on earth that you (then by mail) ordered, "allow 4-8 weeks for shipping and handling." It's only been since the advent of Amazon, really, that this obsession with instant gratification seems to have run amok. (And without the prior existence of FedEx, which is also a fairly recent innovation of the last century, would never have come to fruition, either.)

When I order from other companies, quite often, they take a week to 10 days to fill an order--and you can see people whining about it all over the Net. To me, it's mind-boggling.

Hitch
I'm not sure I like your tone, young lady.
You seem to be suggesting that even though the state of the art has advanced tremendously, people should be satisfied with the same performance of days gone by.
A century ago the rate of women dying in childbirth was 40 times higher than today. Should people not "whine" about a hospital who's death rate was like it was then or only slightly better? Have their expectations for health care "run amok?"

I think the advances are wonderful! And its quite reasonable for people to expect a company to deliver all it promises. Deliver...see what I did there?

Last edited by ApK; 05-29-2018 at 02:26 PM.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote