View Single Post
Old 02-21-2018, 09:17 AM   #4
deback
Book E d i t o r
deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Laptop
"1) A couple of blank pages keep cropping up which I can’t figure out how to eliminate"

Blank pages will occur when you have a code for a linespace at the end of a page or at the beginning of a page (usually when using   or when there is a _pb code in one of these lines). Delete those codes, and the blank pages will disappear.

"2) I did the layout in MS Word 2003 with a functioning TOC. I saved it as a filtered htm file and converted it to MOBI on Calibre, specifying Force TOC. The MOBI TOC looks good and works fine, but I get a second TOC at the end of the book which, besides not making any sense, doesn’t look as good at the TOC at the beginning"

Just delete the ToC file that you don't want. Highlight the file in the list of files, left-click it three times, and then press the Delete key.
deback is offline   Reply With Quote