Thread: Cover Feedback
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 06:34 AM   #60
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyGrump View Post
I believe (my opinion only!) a typewriter is still considered the archetype of a writer's tools, along with a pen/pencil. Even if the writer no longer uses them, the image calls to mind an author busy at his desk, creating the next #1 seller.

For me, the thought of a word processor brings to mind an office worker. I think this is because the typewriter has more than a century of history behind it, and the word processor only a few decades.

I share your opinion about typewriters. And actor Tom Hanks must share that opinion, as well, in that it has a rich history and revives a way to communicate in a more intimate and loving manner, especially after a letter is mailed.

(If anyone replies, please only discuss the cover as it relates to this issue/question. Anything else will be deleted.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DearMisterKnopf.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	986.0 KB
ID:	161484  

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 01-13-2018 at 06:39 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote