Thread: PRS-T3 User Guide Needed
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2018, 02:04 PM   #17
Richwood
Astronomy Nut
Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (All), Kobo (Multiple), Sony (most) and Nook Glowlight Plus
By the way the PRS-T3 was never distributed by Sony in North America so there is no firmware update that gives access to the North America Kobo store apparently via the built in Browser and the T3 insists that the security certificate for the Kobo store is incorrect so repeatedly gives a warning message. The whole thing does not work for me. The PRS-T3 may work well with the Sony desktop software or Calibre but I have not tried either. I have sideloaded all content I have on it so far, mostly items from Smashwords and Baen Free Ebooks.

The nice thing about the T3 is that it is the most compact and lightest 6" screen e-paper ebook reader I know of, even with the Sony lighted cover installed. The Kindle Basic 2016 with unlighted Fintie cover is both larger and heavier, even though the lightest Kindle reader. The lighted cover for the Sony runs off the internal battery like the lighted covers Amazon offered for the Kindle Keyboard, K4/K5 series and the original Kindle Touch. In their original cases the T3 is actually narrower than the Kobo Mini by about 1/4" or so and 1/2"or so taller. This is with the Sony lighted clip on cover and the Kobo Mini clip-in case.

The T3 also has the highest resolution screen Sony offered on any of their consumer ebook readers. It is apparently the same 212 DPI screen that Amazon used on the first generation Kindle Paperwhite. The T3 is also the only Sony with auto wakeup on cover opening, at least with the illuminated cover and proper choices in the power settings.

Last edited by Richwood; 01-02-2018 at 12:12 PM.
Richwood is offline   Reply With Quote