View Single Post
Old 09-19-2017, 09:04 AM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by il_mix View Post
Little update.
After sending a series to Kobo, the collection is created BUT no subtitle with series name and number will be displayed.
Got quite angry due to the fact that I didn't get the series info no more, then I've discovered a weird behavior. One have to reconnect the device to Calibre and send another random book. When disconnecting the device, a library update will be performed, and then subtitle with series name and number will be displayed.
So, it is working as designed. And pretty much as I stated earlier in the thread. But, I wasn't explicit in part of the statement, so I will be now:

The series information is not, and cannot be set, when you send a book to the device. The book details have to be in the database on the device. The next time the device is connected, the driver will update the series information for any books on the device that match with books in the library, if the series information in the device does not match that in the calibre library.

Now, if the updating is only done when you send another book, then you probably don't have calibre configured properly. On the "Sending books to device" page of the preferences, you need to have "Metadata management" set to automatic. If you have this, then the series info and collections will be maintained whenever the device is connected. The other options mean that it won't be done each time.

And just to be clear on some terminology. The Kobo device has the concept of "Title", "Subtitle" and "Series". These are displayed on separate lines in the library list or book details on the device. Neither the subtitle or series can be populated when sending a book to the device. They have to be populated separately. As stated above, the series can be populated by the driver, but the subtitle can only be populated with my Kobo Utilities plugin. Unless you want to play with SQL.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote