View Single Post
Old 09-15-2017, 03:17 PM   #78
dragon788
dragon788 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glod HD
As the number of columns and their names may change over time as probably noted in this thread, it is a bit of a pain to do the registration "hack" to fill them all out.

While looking to do this from my Linux machine I installed `sqliteman` as its description offered a GUI for administrating and developing for SQLite databases.

EDIT: Use method outlined further down
One of the features I hadn't counted on was being able to right click on the "users" table and choose "populate" from the list and having the tool automatically craft a query to insert data to fill all the columns. I didn't have to modify anything and could just click "Insert" and after ejecting and unplugging (I chose register with desktop to start), it complained about the data format, but bypassed the registration screen and put me at the "Home" screen.

I may play around with it a bit and see if not choosing "autonumber" for the user column avoids the error, but this is probably the easiest way to describe to a non-technical user without creating a data map that might get outdated with every update.

EDIT:

Upon further testing having random data in all the fields was bad, but adding a new row defaults everything to <null> and then only editing the first two fields that have "NOT NULL" constraints, iirc UserName and UserKey, and "committing" the changes (you get prompted to do so if you just attempt to close sqliteman with changes) resolved the error after I unmounted and unplugged and didn't require any further messing around with the database.

Last edited by dragon788; 09-15-2017 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Found a better way
dragon788 is offline   Reply With Quote