View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 02:30 PM   #1
Aramir
Enthusiast
Aramir began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O & Glo & Glo HD
Question [PB 626] How to modify internal storage ?

Hello,

I bought a couple of years ago a "PocketBook Touch Lux 2" at Cultura, it is a PocketBook 626. And for the past couple of months it started running slower and slower. I tried to reset and format it but even after that, some cache files persist, for example I can see the cover of the previously opened books for a split second during the OS initialization sequence even thought the device is supposed to be fully formated.

After a little research, I discovered that there are many applications that have been made for it (mostly pbterm and ssh services) that would allow me to acuire full control on the device. So I tried to hook it onto my linux pc, copy paste the pbterm.app files and such. But every time I disconnect and reconnect the device, EVERY single modification that have been made to the file system is reversed. Deleting files ? Nope. Copying files ? Nope . Nothing ! I even opened the bloody thing, took the internal sd card and tried to modify it from my pc, but even that doesn't work.

So at the moment I'm stuck with a slow device, that I can't fully reset, on which I can't install applications. It's painful because it seems like there are tons of people out there that managed to tinker around with it. But I can't figure out what's wrong with mine. Please does anybody have any ideas of what I could be doing wrong ? There is no false answers here, I'll take any leads, ideas, tips.

tldr : internal storage seems to be protected by some shenanigans, loopback partitions, false partition tables (that seems to be the most plausible), and I don't know how to modify it / install apps.

Thanks for reading all of this, and even more thanks to anyone out there willing to help me.
Aramir is offline   Reply With Quote