View Single Post
Old 02-24-2017, 03:19 PM   #4
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SigilBear View Post
When you sell a book via Amazon or another vendor, I believe you can withdraw the book any time you want.

I'm working on a book that will be controversial. I've seen similar books on Amazon, but I want to play it safe and not get banned for publishing something that isn't politically correct.

I was thinking of testing the waters by selling the book through Amazon for one month, then withdrawing it and selling it via iBooks for a month, then just selling it on my website.

Have you ever heard of people playing these kinds of games, where they juggle books, selling them through one vendor or another for a period of time before withdrawing them?

Of course, there's probably no way to really know how long it would take to publicize a book, but merely having it listed on Amazon for a month should give it a fair amount of publicity.
You can publish any book you want on Amazon as long as either it is your own writing or in public domain with the exception of certain types of erotica. It doesn't have to be politically correct. Amazon does care about content except for the following.
Only copyright and trademark violations get pulled and possibly banned.
Oh and rape/beastiality/incest/necrophillia for titilation.

Oh and it is a 90 day contract with Amazon if you choose their select program.
And unless you choose select, you can put your book on both sites at once.

Perhaps if I might I have a recommendation for you.
You might try reading the terms of service on Amazon and Apple.
It will answer many of your questions.

Oh and by the way, rotating books like that is not a good idea. It makes you look like a one hit wonder.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote