View Single Post
Old 02-12-2017, 10:26 AM   #45
plusz
Addict
plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: 13.3" Boox Max2, 7" Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
Below are most of the comments which I noticed on the Indiegogo page and which still seem to be there:
Thank you very much! Indeed I have overlooked most of it. Those comments does not satisfy my curiosity but they are useful.

I have been doing some research about the specs. Ice Cream Sandwich, which comes with the device, should leave about 300 MB RAM for apps out of 512MB onboard - the rest goes to kernel and the android OS itself. Now the 300MB should be enough to open ebook or PDF. However multitasking (like scribbling with the pen) is probably too much for that spec. Newer versions of Android reserve more RAM for itself so I seriously doubt the GoodEreader can be upgraded to modern android.

Those few comments makes me feel that indeed the device is slow but can do the basic things, i.e. open any kind of book. I wonder if it's due to unoptimized reference software or just hard specs limitation.

Nonetheless I will not risk buying it. I have made my mind to buy Onyx.
plusz is offline   Reply With Quote