View Single Post
Old 12-19-2016, 11:28 AM   #15
Andy_D
Connoisseur
Andy_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryem View Post
typical life for today's batteries is usually estimated at between 500 and 1,000 full charges, or twice that many half charges or 4 times that many quarter charges, etc. I don't know where you got your figure of 300 charges.
Barry, Thanks for that thorough answer. I really appreciate the effort.

I got the ~300 (which probably should have been 300-500) charges from an online tech channel I used to watch: Leo Laporte's tech.tv. This question frequently came up, and that was his stock answer.

I always wondered how one should count a charge to a battery that was only slightly discharged. I worried that charging a battery that was still 80% charged would count as one full charge against that total number of charges the battery would accept. Your explanation makes good sense and is good news. I now understand that charging a 70% already charged battery counts as only about one third of one of those 300 or 1000 or however many charges that the battery will accept. That piece of information is very valuable to my battery charging concerns. I won't be leaving my devices plugged-in anymore.

Thanks again.
Andy_D is offline   Reply With Quote