View Single Post
Old 12-06-2016, 04:20 PM   #11
Hollow Man
Addict
Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Keyboard, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by dordale View Post
Why not try an experiment--leave wi-fi on for one week, note where the battery level is, charge and then leave wi-fi off for a week. Then compare battery the battery level. Assuming your usage and travel patterns are similar between the two weeks, that should give you a good idea of the battery drain caused by wi-fi.

If you do this, I'd be interested in the results. I'd think about trying something like this myself, but I always leave wi-fi off on my Voyage--mostly to avoid unwanted firmware updates.
The issue with the Oasis is that the battery life gets muddled because of the cover. I've got two batteries to monitor! Every time you put the Oasis back in the cover, it charges the Oasis to about 92-93%, then stops (and drains the cover battery accordingly).

-HM
Hollow Man is online now   Reply With Quote