View Single Post
Old 08-23-2016, 09:08 AM   #9
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkbreath View Post
I'm reluctant to just give up because I've compiled Sigil successfully several times (with help), though never on Mint.

I stepped away from my computer during the actual compilation because it was taking so long. If there were any errors, could I have missed them? I know there were no errors after the "100%" line. Could there have been a line earlier than 100% that I could have missed?
Not likely. A compilation error that allowed the compilation to run to completion would be very rare indeed. And conversely, a compilation warning that prevented Sigil from launching would be almost as rare.

I need something confirmed first. On both of the error messages you mentioned:
Quote:
1. Embedded Python Error
2. error in xmlprocessor repairXML: -2
There should be a Show Details button that will contain more info about the error. Could you copy and paste that info here?

For what it's worth, it seems as if your system Python 3.5.2 installation just can't find the lxml module (the Show Details info from above will hopefully confirm this). It's possible you've confused the installation of the lxml module for Python 3 with Python 2. To verify:

Launch an interactive Python 3 session by typing "python3" at a command prompt. Then at the >>> cursor, type "import six" (no quotes, followed by the enter key) and "import lxml" (no quotes, followed by the enter key).

If either of those result in an Import error, your Python 3 environment is incomplete (for running Sigil).

Exit the interactive Python session by typing exit().

Last edited by DiapDealer; 08-23-2016 at 09:11 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote