View Single Post
Old 07-06-2016, 04:45 AM   #65
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I've noticed that there is a discrepancy between the number of downloads for the hinted version vs. the non-hinted version. I know there have been some people saying that hinting is not good and they are 100% wrong. Proper hinting (like we have here) is not a problem. It does not cause an issue. You really do need to try both to decide which looks better to you. If you don't, you could be using the non-hinted version when the hinted version could be better.

But you really should try the hinted version just to show that hinting is not a problem as some mistakenly say.
Just to reassure you: I did download and test both versions. The difference on my Aura HD is minimal. My impression was that the non-hinted version is a bit crisper, as I have stated before, but I am not sure that I could tell the two versions apart in an A/B test.
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote