View Single Post
Old 04-29-2016, 08:37 AM   #32
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fgdas View Post
That is what Onyx Boox/ereader-store.de is doing past 2 years. Talking about to move from ancient 2011 Android 4.0.4.
Talk is cheap. There may be some technical reasons why Android 5 would not be a good fit for an ereader. Haven't a clue.

But if they haven't been able to install a newer version of Android in the last two years, I'm guessing that the crowd at GoodEreader won't be able to either.

Interestingly, GoodEreader are now saying that Android 5.0 will be offered "an optional firmware update soon after we release the product."

Methinks that is code for "Never".

I wonder if it is even possible given that there are only 4GB of memory on the device and some of that will be consumed by the OS. How much space does Android 5.0 take up?
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote