View Single Post
Old 01-06-2009, 11:53 AM   #5
llasram
Reticulator of Tharn
llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
The Cybook has no problem with the cover, and from other files I've tried, it has no problem with images larger than 64kB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Images in Mobipocket files need to be under around 63KiB in order to be displayed on Palm versions of the Mobipocket reader.
Ah, ok. I thought there was a different size limit for covers, but I probably just missed a warning from mobigen when it couldn't reencode the cover image below 64k. If it's just a PalmOS limitation, then I'll make image file size reduction an option rather than required.

Quote:
Ah... and the "header" line shows the author as "Alexandre Dumas, p& #232;re" (no space after &), I guess it does not like HTML entities there (I regularly use latin1 characters without problems).
Quote:
The author name in the EXTH records uses è for è. This doesn't get displayed correctly in the CyBook library, and it also doesn't get displayed properly in the Desktop Mobipocket Reader properties dialog
Ah, oops. That's my fault, and easily enough fixed.

Quote:
The table of contents displays OK in the Cybook, but it's a bit odd to have two links for each chapter - one of the number and one on the title. It would be better, given the navigation limitations to have either one link covering both, or just a link on the title of each chapter.
The reason for the "two links" is that the source mark-up uses the CSS 2 'display: table-row' and 'display: table-cell' to create a virtual table where the <a/> element is a row. In CSS 2 compliant renderers the whole contents line is a single link. The only sane way to handle that sort of thing in Mobipocket markup is alas to reproduces the link in each block-level element the source <a/> elemnt encloses.

Quote:
As for the table, the Cybook renders it (but no nested tables, I believe). The problem I see is that it does not cut it at "whole" lines. For instance, in the first page of Contents I see up to the top half of line "12" (but this line is complete in the second page), the third page includes the very top of line "53", and the fourth page has the very bottom of line "52". Nothing is lost, but it's ugly.
Eww. Ok, I'll ignore 'display: table-*' then.

Quote:
Are there any particular sections you'd like checked?
Other than what I mentioned I mostly just wanted to make sure the file actually worked. Maybe check to make sure the "uncrossable" sections like the footnotes and CC license work properly. And oggle the poetry bits (e.g. in chapter 26), which in the source are formatted entirely with CSS .
llasram is offline   Reply With Quote