View Single Post
Old 01-06-2009, 10:25 AM   #3
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
The Cybook has no problem with the cover, and from other files I've tried, it has no problem with images larger than 64kB. It also will resize large images "on the fly" to make them fit in the screen. Other devices may have problems, that's why I'm now uploading illustrated books in two versions, one with the "original" images, and another with images further compressed to take less than 64kB. Also, they have to be in JPG or GIF formats, not in PNG, apparently.

As for the table, the Cybook renders it (but no nested tables, I believe). The problem I see is that it does not cut it at "whole" lines. For instance, in the first page of Contents I see up to the top half of line "12" (but this line is complete in the second page), the third page includes the very top of line "53", and the fourth page has the very bottom of line "52". Nothing is lost, but it's ugly.

Ah... and the "header" line shows the author as "Alexandre Dumas, p& #232;re" (no space after &), I guess it does not like HTML entities there (I regularly use latin1 characters without problems).
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote