View Single Post
Old 11-22-2015, 07:56 PM   #46
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyphenreader View Post
1.) what device are you reading on?
iPhone 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyphenreader View Post
2.) based on the current font size limit, what do you feel is a comfortable font size for you?
I'm not sure how to quantify, but when my eyes are really bothering me, I will push up the font size in Bluefire Reader (or Marvin) so that 5 lines fit on the screen with line-height similar to Hyphen's 1.4.

I did try adding my own css stylesheet which was helpful (nice feature btw )

However, it only worked when I used p {font-size: 200%;} Using body {font-size: 200%;} did not work. This makes it tricky since some ebooks use <div> for paragraphs and then there's the issue of headers. Any suggestions?

Anyway, I can sort of get around the font-size problem with custom css, but the sliding page-turn animations give me a headache, which makes Hyphen unusable for me. Incidentally, Apple's fancy iOS animations also give me a headache. It was painful to use my iPhone until Apple added the "Reduce Motion" options in Settings to turn them off. If you add an option to turn off animations in Hyphen, I would happily purchase this app as I really like the other features.

Thanks!
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote