View Single Post
Old 09-08-2015, 01:26 PM   #6
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
I'm with Harry. I don't think the average person reads faster other than the device is always available. On the other hand, my sister says she reads faster NOW because the device is not as heavy as a paperback (she has arthritis). She had to limit her reading to an hour at a time due to that. Now she can read pretty much endlessly.

As to large books, I always use to read those on commutes when I took the bus. You get in a half hour here, an hour there and pretty soon you are done. Lots of folks in the 80s got through all the Jacqueline Suzanne books that way (I never did read those as I was into fantasy genre at the time). These days, I listen to doorstops on audiobook. For instance, I'm a bit more than halfway done with Outlander and I only listen to it when I'm doing pokey stuff on the computer such as backups.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote