Thread: EPUB vs AZW3
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2015, 07:52 AM   #1
1v4n0
Groupie
1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: kindle
EPUB vs AZW3

Hello,

From the "inside" (i.e. from within an editor) AZW3 ebooks look very similar to EPUBs. Same code, same files, more or less. EPUBs have a "content.opf" file, whereas the one in the AZW3 is called "metadata.opf", but they are very similar too.

So what are differences between the two? What does a converter do? I know that simply changing the extension won't work, but it doesn't seem to be much more complicated.

I got a feeling the answer might be very technical, but I'm willing to study

Thanks,

i
1v4n0 is offline   Reply With Quote