View Single Post
Old 07-08-2015, 12:13 PM   #12
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
Guess lots of People get disgusted by reading at school.
I don't think that's it. The people I talk to either have positive memories of books they read in school, or they hated the book, but not the experience of reading.

I think it's the proliferation of other entertainment options coupled with lack of encouragement from parents.

I had a friend who never read anything outside of school. She didn't understand how words on a page could move you the way a movie would. I had her read Stephen King's Christine (specifically the section where Christine hunts down the kid in the Camaro) and she became a reader and a Stephen King fan.

I'm convinced that anyone could be a reader, if you can just find the book that will turn them on. That's why I don't look down my nose at any kind of reading.

Last edited by ZodWallop; 07-08-2015 at 12:15 PM.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote