View Single Post
Old 03-24-2015, 01:51 PM   #17
GibbinR
Connoisseur
GibbinR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GibbinR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GibbinR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GibbinR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GibbinR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GibbinR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GibbinR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GibbinR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GibbinR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GibbinR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GibbinR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad mini 5, Kindle Oasis 3
Dear Pynch
I just happened on your 'Complete Henry James V1.2' whilst browsing around the library, and this reminded me that I noticed an unfortunate discrepancy in the Gutenberg editions of 'The Wings of the Dove', done originally, I believe by Jim Adcock, namely that whilst Volume 1 is from the 1902 edition, Volume 2 is from the 1909 (presumably New York) edition. I really only realised this when I got to Book 6 and started to notice the missing punctuation! From a brief glance, it looks to me as though the version in your 'Complete Works' has the same problem, though I only looked at the first few pages of Book 6.
Should you decide that this is the case, I spent some weeks last year doing my best top transform the PG 1909 Vol 2 into the 1902 original, using a scan of a 1902 Edition published by Scribner from Open Library.
If this is of interest to you, you can find the result in the MR library under my userid.
A word of warning, I also changed the odd US English spelling to British English. The only one I can remember is 'behooved' to 'behoved', but there may have been a (very) few others.
GibbinR is offline   Reply With Quote