View Single Post
Old 01-03-2015, 03:49 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I'll just answer the questions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrinklyWink View Post
Questions in review:

How do I update the firmware on my Kobo Aura?
Either wait for Kobo to release newer firmware or read the thread you linked to above. It has instructions for manually installing the firmware.
Quote:
Why are the Firmware versions backwards when it comes to the months released?
Because it is not. The version numbers have no relationship to when they were released. Except that the higher the number, the more recent it was. FW 3.12.0 is the most recently released version. The "12" in the version number and being released in December is a fluke. The next version is probably going to be "3.13.0".
Quote:
Are the multiple versions of the Kobo Aura?
Not that we know of. The "New Aura" tag came about because it was released after the "Aura HD". It was used as a way to distinguish them, because when the Aura HD was released, a lot of people just called it "Aura". When the Aura was actually released, people needed to distinguish which they were talking about. You will also see it described as the "Aura6".

And based on the way that Kobo release the firmware, if the update the Aura, it will still use the same firmware installation package.
Quote:
Are the Koreader versions newer than 2014.04.14 not working because I'm using FW 3.12.0?
Does Coolreader have PDF support?
If I update to the latest version of the Kobo Firmware (3.8.0) will I kill the ability to use Koreader?
Sorry, I don't use Koreader or CoolReader, so I can't help
Quote:
What is the best version to update my Kobo Aura to (in order to keep the most hacking functionality?)[/B]
Probably 3.12.0. That's the latest version and the on people are working with at the moment.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote