View Single Post
Old 10-25-2008, 01:45 PM   #2
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
I would tend to agree, I can't see why it is difficult to just download the companion software. During my trials and tribulations trying to get the merge to work (still doesn't on mine) I deleted it.

To get it back, I downloaded the card restore, ensured the irex companion software exe file was missing. I then deleted the dr1000.ini file & the version file. rebooted & connected to the PC.

The update software then kicked in and downloaded the companion software files.

If you don't at least edit the DR1000.ini file it will assume the DR1000.exe file exisits & won't download it again.

So, edit or delete the DR1000.ini & try again. Long winded I am only too aware, however it's the only way to get it back as far as I can tell. I did express an opinion to irex and so they may well amend things as they go on. I think they are a bit surprised at the level of interest in the DR1000 as far as I ca see.
pthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote