View Single Post
Old 01-19-2014, 07:19 AM   #700
nickq
nickq can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameternickq can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameternickq can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameternickq can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameternickq can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameternickq can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameternickq can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameternickq can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameternickq can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameternickq can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameternickq can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kobo Aura
Hi. I appreciate the effort that has been put into making this software. However, I have been having a bit of trouble using k2pdfopt.

I've read that it works quite well with native pdf's. However, I have a couple of scanned pdf's that I would like to read on my e-book reader. The scans were not very clean, but OCR has been applied, and the text is selectable; but when I try and use k2pdfopt, it processes each page as single image blocks without re-flowing the text, detecting the columns, or doing anything, really, except for resizing the blocks to the size specified.

command line options are as follows:

-dev kpw -wrap+ -as -rt auto+ -col 4 -h 1014 -w 758

I've also tried experimenting with -ch, -cgr, and -crgh options to get the program to detect the columns, but haven't had any luck.

_____
PS. funny that I stumbled upon a solution right before I sent this question. There's a long vertical line all along the left margin -- from the spine of the book -- and it would seem that that was the cause of the problem. -evl 1 didn't seem to get rid of the line, but cropping the margin by 0.27 in. seemed to do the trick. New command line options are as follows:

-dev kpw -wrap+ -as -rt auto+ -col 3 -h 1014 -w 758 -ml 0.27

Posting this anyway in case anyone else has the same problem. Would appreciate any suggestions for fine-tuning it though.
nickq is offline   Reply With Quote