View Single Post
Old 01-09-2014, 11:18 AM   #694
terry2010
terry2010 is a glorious beacon of lightterry2010 is a glorious beacon of lightterry2010 is a glorious beacon of lightterry2010 is a glorious beacon of lightterry2010 is a glorious beacon of lightterry2010 is a glorious beacon of lightterry2010 is a glorious beacon of lightterry2010 is a glorious beacon of lightterry2010 is a glorious beacon of lightterry2010 is a glorious beacon of lightterry2010 is a glorious beacon of light

Device: kpw2
Quote:
Originally Posted by willus View Post
Thank you for showing me your command-line options. It would also help if you could attach part or all of the source PDF file so I could try some different setting for it, but I think I know what is wrong. Why did you choose to use -gtw 0.03937? That is a very large value (and overly specific--you don't need that kind of accuracy--just use 0.04). Did you mean to add an extra zero (e.g. 0.004)? That value is likely preventing k2pdfopt from finding a break in the lines, and therefore the long lines are forced to fit the width of your device and come out smaller because of this. The shorter lines are done at the desired output size/DPI for your device, which is why they appear larger. If you use a smaller value for -gtw (or don't specify it all, since the default value is 0.0015), that should allow k2pdfopt to re-flow your text better and it will come out more uniform in size. If you don't want to use re-flow, then use -mode fw (native output) and the lines should come out more uniformly.

thanks very much for your answer . In Asia Languages , (Chinese, Japanese...etc...) there has no words like English , only has Letters here.

I don't know how to explain this in english , Just for examples here :

in english , the sentence made by some words , and words made by some letters.

this spells in chinese is:

英语的句子由很多单词组成,单词由很多字母组成

Maybe you can't see this chinese sentence , so , I put a picture here

Let's make a 10' pdf , it just looks like this ,

when I use k2pdfopt to convert this pdf to 7', it always happens, like this

there is two problems here:

first , k2pdfopt splite words by sort of padding? or something, but , Chinese don't has the words , only have letters , so , the right result is

How can I just split letters?

second: some letters/words become very big , so like last line

so , I don't know how to solve this . thank you very much

the pdf url is : http://www.zhuikan.com/test.pdf (61M)

k2pdfopt -ui- -p 30-35 -as -x -sm test.pdf $*

www.zhuikan.com/test_k2opt.pdf

, I'm building this site based on k2pdfopt for online convert pdf to fit kindles or any small screen reading staffs,(just under construction now) thanks for your amazing work again
terry2010 is offline   Reply With Quote