View Single Post
Old 12-05-2013, 02:07 PM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
I'm totally puzzled why Sigil isn't finding any matches for my search strings. Could you please post your REGEX string for the first fix? Thanks!
You've not said what your search string was. It might be easier (and more instructive) to show what you might be doing wrong.

However, if I had to guess, I'd say that whatever search expression you're using isn't taking into account the line breaks/white-space between the two lines of code you're trying to match.

Given that the example you gave is consistent through the code, an expression to find what you're looking for (the one without the </span> involved) could be as simple as:
(make sure you're actually typing the emdash character here)
Code:
—</p>\s+<p class="calibre2">
replace it with an emdash (or emdash - <space> depending on your preference)
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote