View Single Post
Old 12-05-2013, 01:19 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by magmanpi View Post
Hello,

I've looked in the other threads about fixing line breaks using Sigil but can't find the solution to my problem:

I trying to fix an ebook (a hated Calibre conversion from PDF, I think) in which almost every sentence, though not all -- that contains an em dash is broken after the dash. It looks like this in code view:

blah blah blah —</p>

<p class="calibre2">blah blah blah

In some instances, the code looks like this:

blah blah blah —</span></p>

<p class="calibre2">blah blah blah

I've tried a lot of the regex search strings suggested in other threads but none of them finds any matches, either when I click Find or Count All. Any ideas why the search strings aren't finding any matches?

I would greatly appreciate any help! Thanks!
were you in REGEX mode?
Was the scope: All HTML

Sigil comes with a few saved searches: Join is one of them...But
only for simple joins.
Both the cases you show need care (Replace All is NOT a good idea)

The first may be desired (my regex for THAT ONE only allow IF the first letter being joined to is lower case)

Your second: What to do about the /span(s)?
Things can get uglier/not better FAST with a Replace All
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote