View Single Post
Old 11-23-2013, 04:30 AM   #446
aditya3098
Guru
aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geralt View Post
It doesn't work.

I uploaded update_python_0.8.N_install.bin for screensaver hack, and the Jailbreak sign under the settings is gone. Puff, disappeared.
I can't update python because Update Your Kindle is grayed out.

Might be related but every time I connect my kindle to PC it deletes my dictionaries as well. I have to re-download them from the cloud. Maybe it did the same to jailbreak.
By any chance do you run debian? I have this issue that's been chasing me since squeeze that corrupts the fs and prevents copying files to the kindle.
I never got to the root of that, only knowing that it seems fine on ubuntu.
I mostly use sftp anyway, it's so much nicer. Only, I occasionally load my books into a documents folder on the / partition. Once I did that to a 500 mb comic and that was no fun.
aditya3098 is offline   Reply With Quote