View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013, 04:22 AM   #49
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
I updated the bash script in #41 to make it easier to customize and saver to use.

cosmo666,
I hinted to the 2.9.0 FW link so that you can take its libnickel.so.1.0.0 (no reference to slideshow pictures intended). As to the slideshow picture in my script, this was only an example of how to display a picture on the screen. I suppose everybody using this script will put her own picture there.
As to the format of the picture one has to use the raw format (and optionally gzip it). Here is how to make the raw format.

From the two hacks I have introduced in this thread, both have pros and cons.
1. replacing the the png stream in libnickel
pro: easy installation, good performance
con: restriction because of the limited size of the image file, works only with certain affiliates

2. replacing the system call in libnickel
pro: more flexibility with the size of the image file
con: slower performance, dependence on external data, displaying the original sleep screen image before showing the custom image

Last edited by tshering; 11-04-2013 at 03:38 PM.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote