View Single Post
Old 10-27-2013, 11:29 PM   #44
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
And then you might not know when a book has specific font sizes on purpose
If Marvin is transparent about the display of books, there will be no problems. The default would be the same it is today. Some users might prefer to override a book with their favourite settings theme, and for them, there might be a "Default" or "Disable theme" button, allowing them to return to the default display of a book with a single press of a button. (Essentially, that's what "publisher settings" are today on an even deeper, "100% HTML default" level.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
It's not hard to tap a few times to change the font size.
I for one agree with you, but that's just me. I've been saying the same thing in this thread, but got slammed for it. I think it's important to recognize that for some Marvin users, even "tapping a few times" is too much trouble.

Most importantly, obliging those users would not take anything away from you, me, or anyone else. It would be a purely optional feature: opening a book, instantly overriding its display with one's favourite settings theme. No one would be forced to use this feature.

(I believe this might be called a crucial principle when adding new software features: they should not be added so as to take previous, trusted functionality away from the users. Which is why Windows 8 has been such a debacle...)
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote