View Single Post
Old 10-25-2013, 06:23 PM   #37
bestlem
bestlem will become famous soon enoughbestlem will become famous soon enoughbestlem will become famous soon enoughbestlem will become famous soon enoughbestlem will become famous soon enoughbestlem will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
The old issue rears its ugly head again...

No, definitely not, trust me... You were lucky to have it work for you with your particular books in your particular e-readers... For me, Stanza was not always remembering font sizes neither between various books, nor between various readings or the same (!) book, which I found extremely frustrating. Marvin is the first e-reader I know of which keeps settings 100% sticky between readings, and sticky not for the app, but for each individual book, which I find crucial.

Or, to oblige both of us, perhaps Marvin could offer a switch: "Remember settings on a book-by-book basis? YES/NO" You would select "No", while I would keep it at "Yes" (the current way Marvin operates), and everyone would be happy.

Definitely. But please understand I may not wish to see the same settings for each and every book. That is just your wish. I find that depending on the type of book I'm reading, a (slightly or not so slightly) different typography might be preferable for book A, book B, book C, etc.
Yes this is the issue I want it a global setting not by book. Also I suspect this is why I see no issue with Stanza or FBreader over the last 8-9 years. The setting is sticky and global and not per book. I have never seen it chnage
bestlem is offline   Reply With Quote