View Single Post
Old 10-25-2013, 01:53 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniMouse View Post
Hi,

I have more then 1 library and obviously some custom columns. Some of them are build from other columns for different purposes, like catalog or my own title creation for my Sony reader. And the more I learn, the more custom columns I create or change. Sometimes with longer templates like for example:

{title} {#words:|(|)} {series_index:0>3s|- |.} {series} {#status:|[|]} {#read:|read: |}

Now, I know that when you make a custom column in one library and transfer a book from that library to another, you are asked if the columns that are missing in that library should be transfered too BUT that goes not for the custom columns build from other columns. Is there an easy way to transfer them too?

MiniMouse
You don't transfer those because they are consstructed from other data.

What you need to do is Create those columns (with formula) in the destination.

2.5 ways

1) Create the/a Library with the copy STRUCTURE option. Then add books

2) Copy the formulas to Notepad (copy from the edit part of create custom columns, paste into a notepad (txt) file, later paste into the new column created from: formula area
2.5) Use a pencil to take notes and type those in
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote