View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 04:55 AM   #18
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
It seems to me most likely that Victoria valued John Brown because Albert had thought highly of him, and his informality with her probably made an enjoyable change from the formalities of Court. Clearly she really enjoyed being in the Highlands and mixing with the locals. I must say I find it pretty unlikely that she married him or had any sort of sexual relationship with him - she was Albert's wife to the day she died.

Hamlet, they were certainly getting pretty inbred, weren't they - not at all a good idea. Not meaning to be picky, but actually I think you will find that Nicholas II of Russia was George V's cousin because their mothers were sisters, both from Denmark - Nicholas wasn't a grandson of Victoria, although his wife Alexandra was a granddaughter, and Kaiser Wilhelm was another grandson.
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote