View Single Post
Old 08-24-2013, 12:47 PM   #7
nasser
Evangelist
nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many..
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
you're not wrong. In fact IIRC I think it was me that setup that horrible xdotool hack with zxczxc. (It's on a thread somewhere) EDIT oh yeah: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...47&postcount=1

TBH I think he would be best using the
lipc-set-prop com.lab126.powerd preventScreenSaver 1

but you are correct. one can simulate a button push in that manner.
Well.. his requirement was also:
Quote:
i do not want to disable the kindle from sleeping because, i still want my kindle to sleep. i do not want to have to remember to disable and then renable the sleeping each time i want to use my kindle remotely.
I'm quite lazy myself.. but don't know whether I'd go to the extent of setting up a bluetooth remote working through an android phone to control page turns on the Kindle..
nasser is offline   Reply With Quote