Thread: Glo Case for Glo
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 01:57 PM   #197
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
My cover arrived just now. The hinge is even, unlike yours, and it closes correctly and shuts the light off. There is a little bit too much extra in the hinge though, so that if you fold the cover over keeping the hinge against the reader, the top cover will stick out a bit over the right edge of the reader. If they had made the hinge part a bit narrower, that wouldn't happen. You can push the top part of the cover back towards the hinge so it aligns though even after closing, which would probably happen just by sliding it into a pocket (or my very narrow small purse made just big enough to hold my reader).

But having it stick out a bit means it gives you a little bit extra to hold when opening the cover. As the magnet keeping it closed is pretty strong, it does help to have that little bit extra sticking out over the edge so I think that's why they did it.

But overall, I'm happy with it and I'll use it for now. The top cover isn't as sturdy (not as rigid) as the Gecko is, and I think it would be possible to apply enough pressure through the cover and crack the screen with this cover, while it would be pretty difficult to do that through the Gecko cover. It is lighter than the Gecko cover though (by 1/2 ounce only though, I checked, so it's not a huge difference).

If the Gecko Slimfit didn't have that flap, it would be the ideal cover for me.

Edit: I do not have the problem of the cover putting the reader to sleep when I fold the top back to read. I can't imagine what the differences might be to cause that. Or maybe some batches just had a stronger magnet used inside the top cover is my best guess.

Last edited by Ripplinger; 06-20-2013 at 05:12 PM.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote