View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 08:38 PM   #63
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post
I don't browse for a book by looking at the pretty pictures.

For example, I've signed out more than a hundred ebooks from my library over the past couple of years. Not once did I browse aimlessly through the library's selection. I accessed all those books by searching for an author or title that I wanted. I find books through research and reviews and recommendations. This forum is a great resource for that, I get information about books without any covers (I have blockers on my browser so no images show in posts).

I don't particularly notice covers when I click on a page at Amazon or anywhere else. I scroll straight past covers to the description or review. I bought an ebook a couple of days ago and I don't have any idea what the cover looked like. When I checked in calibre just now, it downloaded with a generic white cover with the title and author name. I don't use the cover view in calibre and I don't replace generic covers.

I did specifically say in my earlier post that I'm not typical, but it shouldn't be that big of a stretch to understand that not everyone cares about book covers.
Is there some reason you felt a need to make this personal?

I'm glad you are so obviously superior to us poor benighted fools who are influenced by artwork.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote