View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 01:52 PM   #10
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
I do not agree with this author.

Maybe a library is no longer really needed for novels, because they have become dirt-cheap nowadays (especially in the used book market), or some are even for free on e-readers. I never loaned "normal" books, because of this; I can easily pay for each book I want. Buying new I've often got books for under €5, and used I've paid as little as €0.10.

However, there would be NO WAY for me to have bought every reference book I've used in a library. It just can't be done. During my school / college period, I would needed to buy hundreds and hundreds of books, some to find only one or two reference in. The internet is (still) not a replacement for these books. Most people, schools and universities don't accept references to webpages (yet), as anybody can get anything onto the internet.

Last edited by Katsunami; 02-15-2013 at 01:56 PM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote