View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 07:25 PM   #26
Arios
A curiosus lector!
Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Touch
You are welcome vampiregrave,

Toxaris, thanks for your kind words. If there is any benefits with the <div> your suggestion is the better one.

JSWolf I totally agree with you! I don't like widows and orphans as well and my epub is evidently readable with a computer or a tablet.

But either I must accept this tradeoff, either I chose to don't use it (as it is primarily) on my eReader. Personally, I can easily live with it and as I don't have any other solutions...

I also tested an epub named "maldoror.kepub.epub" with the Sony, and it works without a hitch.

By the way, I examined the epub with the KT and the TR-1 and there are not so much widows/orphans or wasted space; at least not enough to call mom at home.

Actually, here is where rely the most intriguing thing with long paragraphs for me: according to davidfor there is a bug with the Kobo and long paragraphs (see post #11), but this bug is not apparent, in my case at least, when using the .kepub extension and "widows and orphans to 0 in css". Very strange!

Do we have double standards here?

Anyway, it's fascinating to discover that such small devices can deal with the humoristic and satirical intentions of a eccentric author of the XIXth, even if this is "distorted" with some widows and orphans.

Update: Too bad vampiregrave! I have no embedded fonts in my epub, not even a font family as the eReader can use it's default one. As the "epub.kepub" works with the Sony and you have to change only few parameters in the CSS, you do not have necessarily to create separate version. Of course, it is up to you to see if the game is worth the candle. By the way, is your epub passes correctly epubcheck or FlightCrew for example?
Arios is offline   Reply With Quote