View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 12:13 PM   #23
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
Actually I don't agree with you John. In real printing the lines are also not equal on each page. Widows and orphans have a real value with regards to the easiness of reading.

I find the solution of Arios with a special clause for long paragraphs actually quite elegant. I would not put it in a <div> though, but just say <p class="lpara">. In that case it would inherit everything from the <p> class, except for the things mentioned in the lpara class.
There's just not enough screen real estate to waste with widows & orphans. Besides, I prefer no widows and orphans. I'm not bothered at all that it's not typographically correct.

In a pBook, things can be adjusted better so they don't look so noticeable. On a 6" eInk screen, widows and orphans are more noticeable and more annoying.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote