View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 10:58 AM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The reason the devs continue to try is because they are still trying to get it right. They would not have to try if they actually knew what they were doing. The Kobo hardware is not the problem. But the firmware leaves a lot to be desired and is rather buggy. I was tempted to get a Kobo Glo until I remembered about the firmware.

I just want a device that works. I don't want one I have to install firmware after firmware (and even unofficial firmware) in hopes that thing get fixed. It seems for everything that gets fixed, something else breaks. I am surprised anyone actually buys a Kobo.

When I found out about the embedded font bug that Kobo refuses to fix, I could not (in good conscience) recommend a Kobo to anyone and the bug is still not fixed and thus, I would suggest everyone stay the hell away from Kobo Readers.

As for #3. If you did buy a T2, it would work and long paragraphs would not be an issue.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote