View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 02:10 PM   #134
stepk
Groupie
stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K5 B011 5.3.2.1
Me thinks this launcher is nearly good to go once the separator matter is settled. The desktop spec is certainly excellent, but a launcher is just a launcher, people spend their time inside apps instead of launchers. And if we want to improve the launcher me thinks it's the GUI and overall usability that make a difference. Just my 2 cents.
Back to the separator character, hex 01 is just as good as any other, it's only used in one place in the java script, and in my experience all terminals show it very clearly. It would be different if we had to print it on paper. OTOH, any characters which is illegal in a pathname will work, because the splitter routine can count the fields as it separates them out, and stop after 2 separators to split (in order) index, label, command path+command arguments. As you can see, as long as index (a number) and label (a string that aloop.sh can strip of any instances of the separator character itself) do not include the separator character, we'll be fine.
Having said this, I will go with the desktop spec if you want to invest in it. I just don't know where would the launcher display the icons...
stepk is offline   Reply With Quote