View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 03:54 AM   #21
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
@prestidigitweeze, what I'm unsure about this study, given the very small bit of info provided, is whether they tested other genres of authors as the 'control', in the way they seem to have used Shakespeare and Wordsworth.

At this point, from this distance from the report and its findings, I don't think any of us can extrapolate much because the article raises a lot of questions.

I hear your sentiments but until this professor speaks at the Conference during the week we won't be much further advanced in our knowledge. And then maybe not either, depending on how privileged the reportage is.

In the meantime I'm very curious and interested in all the different approaches each of us has taken so far in our thinking/viewpoint - there's a lot of combined knowledge/experience amongst us and we've probably all experienced Shakespeare at least in the school environment, if not movies or the theatre.

I'm not a Shakespeare person, or a poetry person, but I'm very interested in how people 'think', and watching them think.

For me this article gives a bit more insight into thinking as process .
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote