View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 10:49 AM   #114
llcj
Addict
llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
I really liked The Dome as well. My SO thought the end was a letdown but I didn't. I read the story as allegory of aspects of life today - e.g. global warming, life under a totalitarian regime.

Spoiler:
I think the "alien" is supposed to be us, the audiences. The "alien" remarks that that this isn't real in the same way the reader says this is just a story.

I liked 11/22/63 as well but I think I may like The Dome more. 11/22/63, as with many of King's latest works, deals with themes of love.

To me, in these works, King isn't so much a genre writer as he is a literary writer using horror or science fiction elements as a tool to explore the human condition. As such, I think he is a very good writer, one I enjoy very much.

Last edited by llcj; 12-23-2012 at 11:01 AM.
llcj is offline   Reply With Quote