View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 07:23 PM   #30
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 9th Gen, iPhone 11, Paperwhite 10th Gen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post
The in famous makes an interesting point. Is an ebook reader a device that allows one to read an ebook or can an app on another device be an ebook reader.
Good question. My first e-reader was a Sony PRS 650, then I got a Kobo Vox last year. The Sony hasn't been used much since then, but it still came in handy when we had a very lengthy power outage last summer and I wanted good battery life.

DH won an iPad2 last summer and very kindly handed it to me. I promptly installed reader apps and I found myself doing everything with the iPad that I used to do with the Vox. I ended up only using the Vox so I could read while I was using our elliptical trainer. I did take the Vox on day trips because we have a 110 plug-in in our vehicle, but I eventually found I ended up taking the iPad instead. Increasingly, syncing books on the Kobo app between the 2 devices just wasn't working properly, although it worked wonderfully if I was reading a Kindle book. The Sony ended up by the wayside because it doesn't have wifi.

We're away from home right now and although I brought all 3 reading devices, I haven't even powered up the Sony and the Vox since we left. I'm thinking my next gadget will be an iPad mini, which I think will be my next 'reader'. The iPad is wonderful, but for some things it's kind of big.

So...2 readers and one device I use as a reader.

Last edited by 49Kat; 12-19-2012 at 07:34 PM.
49Kat is offline   Reply With Quote