View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 02:43 AM   #2
DSpider
Evangelist
DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2 2014
No need for a Paperwhite. It has problems even on a computer, with Adobe Reader. The text on pages 3, 9, 12, 19, 22 (and maybe more) of the first attachement isn't selectable. It's like the program forgot to OCR it or something. Judging by the misalignment of some of the text, and the low quality (not scaling upon zooming), I'd say that these documents are just images with positional OCR behind them. It even OCR'ed the first figure on page 10.

I probably wouldn't put these on a reading device... The text looks very jagged and I can see why he/she would think it's painful to read. Opening it in Adobe Reader and going to File -> Properties, it says that the document is 3.37 x 4.43 inches, which InDesign translated as 242.64 x 318.96 pixels! That's very, very low on a Paperwhite (758×1024, according to Wikipedia), or even the rest of the Kindles (600x800).
DSpider is offline   Reply With Quote