View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 05:05 PM   #114
Kolenka
<Insert Wit Here>
Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by vertex11 View Post
Any developer with a pulse has to take notice. Many are turning up their noses to wait on the Pro version. Most are saying the RT version is headed for the dustbin, while the Pro version is all many are interested in. I have a sneaking suspicion "everyone" has it backwards: what happens if the RT version, with the longer battery life and the Windows apps made specifically for touch, becomes the new tablet "standard"? What if Windows ARM touch tablets become ubiquitous? Only mule-like app developers would ignore the writing on the wall.

Tablets have finally matured into the Windows paradigm. The Surface is like a newborn baby. Its usefulness seems pitifully small now. But the potential is off the charts.
As I developer myself, I think the RT will be the standard model, like you say. Developers will still have a Pro version though. The reason? The RT doesn't run Visual Studio 2012, but I can have a single device to develop and use if I get a Pro.

So the developers are turning up their nose at the RT for a good reason. But you are also right that most people won't be getting the Pro.
Kolenka is offline   Reply With Quote